Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Angels are Rejoicing

One sad day here on earth but the angels are rejoicing on the other side because, one of the most special people on the earth just returned home. My grandpa Greenhalgh just returned home from this earth after a long 90 years here on earth. I was really selfish because I didn't want to release him to let him go on to the other side. We spent some long hours at the hospital last night and his tired body just gave up. We were all there to tell him goodbye and he was reassuring us that he was going to be okay, that he was ready to be reunited with my grandma. He told us that there were allot of people there in the room with us, and that it would be okay. He had a very sharp mind and he was able to take care of himself at his age. I know that there is a reunion going on on the other side and everyone is so happy to see him. I love him so much and he is one of my heroes. He is going to be missed so much..........until we meet again Grandpa....I LOVE YOU!



4 comments:

Johnsons said...

NelLyn, I am so sorry!! That sounds alot like my grandpa's death. I understand the whole selfish thing, because I felt the same way. I am glad that you have so many wonderful memories with him. Good luck, your family will be in our prayers.

JLR said...

Nelyn- I got a little teared up when I read your post about your grandpa. I'm super close to my grandpa. He is getting up there in age and I am dreading the day. We rejoice when the babies are born here. I think they (on the other side of the viel) are sad to see them go. But when they return home we are sad but they are so happy to see them on the other side. Thank heavens we'll see them again some day.

Denise H. said...

Oh Nellyn I am so Sorry! Your grandpa was such a Neat Guy! I remember when I lived in his ward and he was our priesthood leader for our girls camp at the KOA in Nephi and he was so much fun! All of the girls loved him.

He will truly be missed. He was such a Cute little man and how fortunate to have lived such a great and long life.

That is also Great that you were all able to get together for his 90th birthday party and also be with him at the hospital.

We will be thinking of you!

Jimi said...

I am so sorry. There is nothing as hard as having to deal with the death of a loved one, especially such a great grandparent. It is so hard to let them go, even though you know they won't suffer anymore and that they will get to be with their loved ones, it doesn't make it any easier. Hang in there.